Friday, November 12, 2010

Veterans Day Road Trip

Yesterday, Austin and I drove to Fredrick, MD to take advantage of the fact that the government pays our salaries (Veterans Day). We had reservations for VOLT, Bryan Voltaggio's restaurant. It was everything I hoped for and more. First course, goat cheese butternut squash ravioli paired with a crisp white wine; Second course, chicken sausage and seasonal vegetables including potatoes confit, paired with a light Pinot Noir from St. Lucia (random); Dessert, a gala apple tart with mascarpone ice cream with an amazing dessert wine that complimented it better than I could have wished. Lastly, he sent us home with some cookies, enough for Austin, but all for me:
 

Also, when we were wandering around at the cute shops in Fredrick, I spotted some post it notes that may end up in my mom's stocking for Christmas.


And we attempted a hike, but after decadent food and a glass and a half of wine I let the fact that the trail was covered in slippery leaves be an excuse to head home. I have some pictures of that too, but I'm trying out my dad's old SLR 35mm, so it's going to be a process to get those online.

No comments:

Post a Comment