Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pinteresting.....

If you haven't heard of Pinterest, you should. It's my new favorite waste of time out there. The first hook: I had to wait for an invitation-and let's just say the payoff was better than the Google + invite anticipation. It's purpose is no better than Google+'s though. It is a site designed for sharing inspiration. It's like Twitter's illustrated first cousin. I say first because you can share your "pins" via Twitter simultaneously.

First I just observed. Random people post pictures of everything from well designed bedrooms, delicious desserts, inspirational quotes, and pictures of hot men. You then click through the pictures to see where they are linked from. Cue tonight's dinner:
 
When I finnnnnnnally received my invitation, I was able to install a button on my Firefox toolbar to begin pinning things myself. Cue Michael Kor's new jewelry line:


Someone please tell me why I have the song "Dancing Queen" in my head right now with "dancing" replaced with "sharing". Youtube project anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment