Thursday, November 18, 2010

Why yes, I did see something I liked

I know I'm in advertising, but am I the only person freaked out by West Elm's "Take another look at..." emails? I received one from Pottery Barn earlier this week, too. Yes, I've been on both of these sites this week. I didn't add anything to a shopping  cart. I just clicked on a couple of items of interest.
Like, I said, I'm in advertising, and I know that I'm getting this automated e-mail because of the cookies stored on my computer. But I have to wonder if the average person knows what's happening behind the scenes here. Either way, another win for super targeted ad delivery, meanwhile, making my job of traditional media planning a soon to be thing of the past. And another win for West Elm, because now two days later, I'm thinking about those pillows again...

No comments:

Post a Comment