Friday, March 25, 2011

There's something about being 20-something

Today, a friend sent me an article about being 20-something. It was scarily true. It was accurate to the point of knowing my cross streets, Overpriced and Dangerous, and knowing about the duvet cover that I finally bought from Crate and Barrel instead of Target. The article felt entitled, like me, and for no apparent reason, like me. It may sound simple, but sometimes reading an article about being 20-something, makes you slow down and appreciate being 20-something. It at least makes you stop thinking for a moment about the raise you deserve or the career goal you haven't met, and appreciate the people you have met and the lack of acne on your face, and the warm, duvet-covered bed you crawl into at night with the person that finally means something.

Check the article out at Thought Catalogue

Also check out the article from the NYT it mentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment