Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New Book: Freeeeeeedom

So, turns out that in the end, Cleopatra kills herself. I hope I didn't ruin the ending for anyone. Also, Egypt isn't so resplendent anymore, and as it continues to erode, both in landscape and government trust, I've started a new book.
So far, it is a page turning book about unhappiness and settling. Also marital stress and poor child rearing. I know, I'm doing a really good job of selling it. It is interesting, and it is making my metro rides seem a lot shorter, but I can't tell if I would have enjoyed it coming off of another piece of fiction. After Cleopatra, I needed an easy read. This one is easy mentally, but a little stressful emotionally. Even if I can't relate to the main character's (so far) life, I feel like I know people who could. And that's a little depressing. 

Just to talk about a specific part of the book for a second, Patty (the so far main character) writes an autobiography that is the second chapter of the book. It is at the recommendation of her therapist to, I think, sort of put life in perspective.  Sounds kind of familiar to this blog doesn't it. Someone stop me if I start using this as a medium to rant or complain or talk myself out of owning the blame for something. Because I'd like to do that to her right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment